Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, so Ive now been in Nashville, or Franklin rather, for a month! Seems like its been a lifetime already. My life in Chattanooga seems so far away now like a dream. Not sure why that is. I guess because so many changes happen there in such a short amount of time. Sometimes I feel like a failure because I moved back home, when I say home I mean Nashville... not home with my parents. Like somehow I couldnt cut it in Chattanooga. Even though I know that is not the case, I just wasn't where I felt I needed to be I guess. That happened when I went to Harding. I have these thoughts that I need to get out, be on my own, and away from my parents or something. The funny thing is, I always come back. What I did learn from my experience is I can survive on my own. I can be 2 hours away from all family, know only a handful of people, get a job, find a church home, pay bills, and go to grad school. I couldnt do it without God's help of course or the support of my family. I do feel somewhat accomplished.

I do miss Tech and all the good times I had there. Tech resembles simple times, good memories, lots of spiritual growth, a lot of firsts, real friends, fun times, and an experience never to be forgotten. That's all apart of life though. People come and go, you move, you meet new people, you grow up, life happens and with that it means changes must come. Not always easy, but managable with God's help.

I know that I will continue to grow and change in many ways. I am glad to be close to family and thankful for a good job and a steady paycheck plus benefits. I am thankful for all the experiences and people who contributed to the person I am today. I hope I am able to touch others as those in my life have. I pray for the best and will never lose hope.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you are back "home" in Nashville and close to family!