Saturday, April 18, 2009

time marches on

Well... here I am several months down the road finally updating. Changes are happening daily. Im experiencing new things all the time. Some are good and some I could do without. ha. I am officially an inhabitant of Chattanooga, TN. It is funny, when I was little I remember thinking how could anyone live here, it is so dirty. Now I live here. I said the same thing about Tech too. I never wanted to go there because it was "techy" and nerdy. Now Im a TTU Alum. I guess I should just stop saying Im not going to do something because as it turns out I probably will.

I don't have anything profound to say really, just updating I guess. My job is going well. I have days where it's ok and others when I could quit on the stop. I guess that is true with most any job. School is hard, but I enjoy what I am studying. I wish my job wasn't so demanding so I could put more effort towards it. I recently went to a Franklin Covey training in Knoxville to help with planning and time management so maybe I can apply what I learned to my life and have more time for my studies. ha.

Many lessons have been learned in the past few months. I am rediscovering many things. I have been going through a couple devotional books to enhance my spiritual growth. I really love daily devotional books. I can't wait to do them with my husband someday. Continuous self-discovery is so important. It allows us to examine who we are, where we've been, and who we want to become. Not being stagnet is key. It takes discipline and will. It is not easy to make changes in your life and stick to them day in and day out. Life happens. Not giving up and continually striving to become the person you desire to be will be a journey undescribable and worthwhile. God is truly AWEsome. I know I forget that often. No matter what happens He is there even when everyone on earth fails us (which they will because we are human and make mistakes).

I don't know what I'm trying to say, haha. I'm sure I could ramble on, but I wont. I had a good visit with my aunt the other day after my training, and if there is one thing that I have learn in the past year is family is so important. Don't take them for granted, because they are the ones that stand by you and are there for you. I'll end on that note.......

No comments: