Friday, November 30, 2007

one week

So it has been quite awhile since I have written, woops. It have been so busy, I hardly know where to begin!

Thanksgiving went well overall. A few minor dramatic moments occured, but hey thats pretty good. Before I left for school we got to go and cut down our Christmas tree. We used to do this like every year when we were little, but as we got older and our parents got older it became more of a hassle. So mom has been using a fake tree, formally known as "Dissappointment in a Box". Well this year, I couldnt take it. I really wanted a REAL tree. The sticky sap, the fresh pine scent, even all the needles that fall, and all the other imperfections. I dont know why it was so important to me, but I family traditions are important, and while these next few years may be my last where I am still technically living at home, I just wanted them to be great because once I move out for good things will never be the same. Change is good, but there is nothing wrong with keeping an old family tradition alive. Plus it usually makes for GREAT stories. Like the fact that it was cold and RAINING when we went to cut the tree. lol.. We REALLY wanted that tree! =)

So yeah, Im back in Cookeville, and now I offically have ONE WEEK of this fall semester left! I am definitely ready! I have been so busy these past few weeks, its just been crazy! Next Wednesday I have a Psyc Statistics test, Adolescent Psyc test, and a Psyc Personality test, and then Thursday I have a photography portfolio due and a Child Psyc test that night. AHH its crazy! But ironically my semester started off this way minus the Photography project, so why not end it the same way! =) haha!

On another note, I was voted Historian of my Sorority for next semester. Not sure how that happened, lol but it will be fun. And it will also keep me busy which is ok. The job's biggest responsibility is making the scrapboook, and shoot I can always use another reason to scrapbook! =)

Well, thats about it. Oh, except the Univ. Bookstore has this book all about the years of Tech and how it got started and how it became what it is today, and I bought it and read it like in 30 min. Its really interesting. I look at the school totally different now! Anyway, random fact for the day I guess. Hope everyone has a great rest of their semester!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey, I like the tree too...even Dad got up yesterday and plugged in the tree lights.